Monday 1 March 2010

Not Socks

As I said in my last post, I ordered enough Regia Design Line sock yarn  to knit a pair of socks, well before Christmas.  But it didn't arrive and it didn't arrive.  And then it didn't arrive some more.  I got a series of emails from the supplier, saying that the manufacturer was promising deliveries and then not delivering. I could have cancelled the order, but it was the Regia yarn that had originally caught my attention and I wanted to try it.  It finally did arrive a couple of weeks ago, when I actually was about to cancel. By then I had lost my enthusiasm for knitting socks.

So I had enough yarn for a pair of socks, and no desire to knit any.  What to do?    I went to the Ravelry web site (such a brilliant resource) and looked for projects that had used Regia Design Line yarn and weren't socks.  Several people had used this yarn to make lacy scarves, and one that appealed was Veronik Avery's Lacy Ribbon Scarf, available as a free pattern (via Ravelry).    The 100g of yarn that I have should be enough to make a longish scarf.

The yarn is one of the Exotic range designed by Kaffe Fassett, colourway 'Pool' (though it doesn't remind me of any pool I have ever seen).  It is a mixture of eight colours, and gives a stripy effect. The colour sequence repeats after about 6 inches of the scarf.   

It is an easy pattern to memorise, and designed to be portable. I have been knitting it on occasional short train journeys, etc. - it's a project for odd times when my main knitting project is getting complicated and needs thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...