Monday 13 January 2014

Fourth Anniversary

I started writing this blog 4 years ago today.   I feel a bit amazed at that - that it's been so long, that I've kept it going, that I still have an endless supply of things to write about.


John in Fair Isle pullover
The photo is from my very first post. It shows John posing (with an invisible head and non-existent pipe) in a Fair Isle pullover I knitted for him in the early 1980s.  The pattern is from Fair Isle Knitting, by Sarah Don, more or less.  I used the colours she suggested, and the first three bands are as in the pattern, but then I followed the charts elsewhere in the book to make every band different.    


Pullover from Sarah Don's Fair Isle Knitting

I'm going to resurrect the pullover this week - the Huddersfield branch of the Knitting & Crochet Guild is meeting on Thursday, and the topic is Fair Isle.    The pullover is more than 30 years old, so I suppose it counts as vintage knitwear by now.    (Though it's all wrong that something I knitted counts as vintage.  People will be saying I'm old next.  Oh sorry, forgot - I am old.)

 PS  Regular readers who visit this page twice may spot that I originally titled this post "Third Anniversary".  I'm an idiot.   

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I've just celebrated my seventh - no idea how that happened!

    Great pullover BTW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much. Congratulations on 7th anniversary. Seems a bit daunting from here - but I guess when/if I get to that point, it will seem like no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your anniversary and many happy returns. I do not have a blog or anything, I just enjoy yours, a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...